Attention Please!We strongly advise new clients to book their cosmetic tattooing appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of vacations, weddings, and special occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your initial appointment, as well as a touch-up appointment 4-6 Weeks prior to your event. ***There are no implied or written guarantees of results, if you do not follow our pre & post care instructions.***
Pre Appointment Preparation
Brow and Lip Pre Care:
Avoid the below 24-48 hours prior to treatment:
- Do not drink any alcohol or caffeine. This includes; coffee, pre workouts, energy drinks etc.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Advil/Ibuprofen or any blood thinning medications, this may cause excess bleeding and may affect your results.
- Do not work out 24 hours prior to treatment.
Avoid the below 1 week prior to treatment:
- Avoid all brow waxing, tinting, Microdermabrasion, Chemical peels, Fish oils, Vitamin E.
Avoid the below 2 weeks prior to treatment:
- Avoid any sun/sun tanning/solarium. (Please do not come in sunburnt, we will turn you away and you will risk losing your deposit.)
- Discontinue Retin-A (Retinol), Vitamin A, Glycolic acids on the brow area.
- No botox 2 weeks prior to treatment.
***We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores or moles in or around the brow area.
*** If you are having a Lip Tattoo and have a history or are prone to Cold Sores, you will strictly need to take FAMVIR, an anti-viral tablet, by a prescription or over the counter at the Chemist to avoid an outbreak occurring. You must take the tablet provided the day before, day of & day after your treatment. If you do not take the tablet, you are at a high risk of a breakout of Cold Sores. This can affect your Lip Tattoo as the pigment will fall out in the areas of the sores. Please explain to your Doctor or at the Chemist of your procedure and that you are prone to Cold Sores to purchase the correct tablet.
Post Appointment Care
Brow After Care:
Aftercare instructions will be provided to you on the day of your treatment. It is very important to follow the after care instructions given, in order to achieve the best possible results and overall satisfaction from your treatment.
- Do not touch brows or surrounding area for 7-10 days.
- Allow eyebrows to air dry before applying the special aftercare cream. Apply twice a day, morning and night for the next 5 days. Be sure not to apply to much as this will suffocate your skin and delay the healing process. Only apply enough to moisturise.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally slough off. Picking can cause permanent scarring and pigment loss!!
- Avoid physical effort, gym and any other activity that may cause excessive sweating for 7-10 days. You can lightly exercise but nothing that can cause any sweat to drip onto the brows.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on/around the treated area for at least 7-10 days.
- NO Botox around the brow area for two weeks after.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for at least 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid any Retin-A (retinol) close to the brow area until fully healed.
- Try to avoid hot showers as the steam will be adding extra moisture to the brows
Lip After Care:
- No temperature hot, spicy or citrus food/drinks for next 4 hours. We avoid those certain food & drinks to minimise the swelling on the lip.
- Feel free to use a cold pack for 5 mins when you get home & again every couple of hours (if required).
- Lipstick cannot be worn for 7 days although, the ointment will give a gloss look.
- There is no pain after a lip tattoo however, they will be very dry for the next 2-6 days. Ensure to keep them very moist with the aftercare ointment provided by KOOTS or, if you suffer with cold sores, use a Cold Sore Cream (Zovirax Cream).
- For the next 2-6 days your lips will continue to get darker and start to flake off. DO NOT PICK THE SKIN. This will cause scarring to your lips as well as, losing the pigment that we have just implanted.
- Once the lips are visually healed, the true colour will start to show however, after 4-6 weeks the true colour will show through as your lips will be fully healed. Please bear in mind that the colour will look slightly different at various times of the day, due to your own skin responses & different lighting.